Co-Facilitator, Networking Group for Young 2SLGBTQ+ Professionals
SPECTRUM, Waterloo Region’s Rainbow Community Space
Posting Date: August 25, 2021
Closing Date: September 19, 2021
Thanks to a grant from the Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation and the Uvaru Community Fund, SPECTRUM is able to fund two co-facilitators to run a new pilot social group for young 2SLGBTQ+ professionals aged 25-40.
This will be a pilot project for one year with the potential for the group to continue based on its success.
Each facilitator will work three hours per month; two hours to run the group itself, and one hour for prep and evaluation.
$30/hour, three hours per month, 11 months
Pay will be by cheque, once per month
Reporting to our Project Coordinator (or designate), the co-facilitators will work together to facilitate a two-hour group every month at a different Waterloo Region restaurant. The facilitators will pick a location for each month and work with the venue to book a reservation and plan menu options within our budget. The facilitators will work to encourage discussion and networking with the goal of an increased sense of belonging and social inclusion for participants (Young 2SLGBTQ+ adults aged 25-40).
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Must be able to commit to working one night per month
- Must have access to reliable transportation within Waterloo Region
- Must identify as 2SLGBTQ+
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience facilitating groups
- Must have a successful police check for the vulnerable sector that is no more than six months old.
- For up to 15 participants
- The first dinner for September 24, 2021 will be held at Waterloo Brewing and facilitated by our Acting Executive Director.
- Monthly thereafter, the co-facilitators will work with the group participants to select a dinner from a local restaurant
- The co-facilitators will encourage participants to complete our online evaluation survey after each monthly event.
- The co-facilitators will compile the evaluation results for analysis by SPECTRUM staff.
- Co-facilitators may contribute to final grant report for the KWCF.
- Email us a cover letter and resume with the subject line APPLICATION: Young Professionals Group Co-Facilitator by September 19, 2021
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted