SPECTRUM frequently receives requests for information about 2SLGBTQ+-friendly or owned businesses. It’s been some years now since we last published an edition of the Rainbow Pages directory but we are pleased to announce a new edition is available for Fall 2021!
This project was managed by our former Acting Executive Director, Kristy Skelton, and a student intern, Mimika Ahmed Hazra. We are deeply grateful to:
- United Way Waterloo Region Communities for connecting us with Mimika, without whom this project would not have been possible.
- All those organizations and individuals who purchased advertising space in the directory.
- Finally, a special thanks to our interview subjects for sharing their time and expertise with us: Fran Pappert, Kelsi Seifert, Tony Van Giessen, and Washington Silk.
A digital version of the new directory is available for download here. Additionally, a limited number of printed copies are being distributed to various locations throughout the community.
The Rainbow Pages is just one of three resource directories that SPECTRUM has developed. SPECTRUM’s other online resource directories include:
- TransNAV GPS: an online directory of service providers who are trans-friendly and who are experienced in providing services to local transgender folks.
- SPECTRUM’s map of gender neutral washrooms across our community. We always welcome feedback and suggestions for new entries. You can send us a message using the form at the bottom of our Contact page.
You can find them all on our Resource Directory page.